Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Diversion ... Snow Days at the LA Zoo

As with all my blogging, please note that what I have written below comes from my observations and public articles I've read or viewed, and not from the LA Zoo itself. My blogs are not affiliated with the Los Angeles Zoo. I am not an expert, only a quiet observer, and reader on animals. LA Zoo is near my residence and has been a convenient and wonderful place for me to observe these wonderful creatures. I began observing them when I started walking at the LA Zoo for my health. (The zoo's beauty and life kept me motivated to keep walking.) The animals grabbed my attention, and so I began researching outside articles and videos as I continued to observe these incredible animals. Thus, my blogs.

It's not very often you get snow in Los Angeles, California, and so it was a special treat for zoo visitors to see four exhibits covered in snow when it was brought in for "Snow Days" on March 14 and 15, 2009. The Sumatran Tigers, American Black Bears, Snow Leopards, and Takins were all given a chance to romp in the shipped in snow. While the Snow Leopards and Takins showed only minor interest, two of the tigers and one of the bears greatly enjoyed playing in the rare LA snow. Take a look at some of their fun below:

Portrait of a Tiger Checking Out the Snow

Sumatran Tiger in LA Zoo's Snow

Two Tigers Enjoy Los Angeles Zoo's Snow Day

A Tiger in Los Angeles Zoo's Snow

Tigers in the Snow

A Snow Leopard in the Snow

A Snow Leopard Not Impressed by LA Zoo's Snow

Weeee! Snow!

A Roll in the Snow

Loving the Snow

Takin in the Snow

3 comments:

  1. I really like all of your photos with the snow. I especially like the snow leopard photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm sorry I missed this comment earlier. I'm still learning this blogging "stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cool! Super photos :)

    ReplyDelete